Wednesday 28 May 2008

Organic and ecclectic. Inspiration before taking in Gaudi.

I'm off to Barcelona this week and already I'm thinking of organic shapes. I've had these fantastic little mesh sink drainers for a few weeks now and was planning to use them in a being which also uses the fabric from a vintage pink Crimpelene "granny suit" which I bought from Oxfam.
















Yesterday I saw these galvanised rings and I feel certain that they will be significant in the new 1970's purple hessian being which has started to invade my thoughts.











It's often the way; I think that I'm all set to make one piece when suddenly forms and textures appropriate for another one rush to the forefront of my mind. I've had this image of one of Catrin Mostyn Jones vivid ceramics hanging on my pinboard for ages. I find the little protruding fins on this ring form intruiging.










No comments :